Second division - day 22

Málaga lost a bit of ground on Numancia after they were held to a dull 0-0 draw by Salamanca on Sunday lunchtime. Real Sociedad failed to take advantage though after they were beaten 1-0 by Castellón later in the day. Oberman got the only goal for Pepe Murcia's side, who have taken ten points out of twelve since the coach took over a month ago. Celta move above Real to fourth after a 0-2 victory at Córdoba, Canobbio opening the scoring with just over a quarter of an hour gone and Jesús Perera getting the second near the end.

Granada 74 are just two points behind Celta after they beat Cádiz 2-1, a hotly disputed Luque penalty winning it for them with three minutes to go. Controversy just down the road at Jerez as well, where hosts Xerez beat Hércules 4-3. Tote put the Alicante based side ahead with under a minute on the clock, and they were 1-3 up at the break. But referee Llorente Carcado awarded two penalties to the locals which Yordi converted to complete a hat-trick, and then sent off Tote and Mariño for the visitors. Xerez climb up to within a point of safety, and bottom club Racing Ferrol stay two points behind them after coming from behind to win 1-3 at Eibar, their first victory in 16 games. (27.01.08)

Numancia extended their lead at the top of the table after coming from behind to beat Las Palmas 1-2. Marcos Márquez put the Canary Islanders ahead early on, but then got himself sent off later in the first half. Gorka Brit scored twice in the second half to turn the scoreline around, but the locals could have equalised had Fukuda not missed a last minute penalty. The other four games on Saturday evening all ended 1-1, including the match between struggling Poli Ejido and third placed Sporting Gijón. Poli's new coach Castro Santos saw his side take the lead through Gerardo midway through the first half, but Barral equalised for the Asturians after the break.

Fifth placed Elche drew 1-1 with Albacete, Peña putting the Manchegans ahead early in the second half before Coelho equalised from the penalty spot just four minutes later. It was not a good night for visiting full back Diego Alegre, who gave away the penalty and then got himself sent off a few minutes later. Sevilla Atlético stay in sixth place after they drew 1-1 at Tenerife, Juanjo's goal on the stroke of half time being cancelled out by an Ayoze penalty soon after the interval. And the match between Alavés and Gimnàstic also ended 1-1, Campano giving the Catalans the lead before Aganzo headed a second half equaliser. (26.01.08)