First Division - Day 35

Osasuna 1 - Mallorca 1

Osasuna: Sanzol; Izquierdo, Cuéllar, Flaño, Clavero; Ortíz (David López 61'), Puñal (Pablo García 70'), Muñoz, Moha (Iván Rosado 61'); Aloisi, Milosevic. 4-4-2.
Mallorca: Moya; David Cortés, Iuliano, Ballesteros, Poli; Farinos, Pereyra; Campano, Víctor (Arango 66'), Tuni (Jorge López 84'); Luis García (Okubo 88'). 4-2-3-1.

Team changes: Osasuna: Cuéllar for Cruchaga / Mallorca: No change.

0-1. 34. Farinós. Fired long shot back over head of Sanzol after clearance.
1-1. 83. Milosevic. Far post header down past Moyà from David López cross.

Mallorca moved to within three points of safety after drawing 1-1 at Osasuna in the opening game on Saturday evening. Héctor Cúper's side had closed the gap with struggling Levante to four points last weekend, and needed a win against a team who had virtually nothing to play for in the league, and who put out a second choice line up to save key players for next week's cup semi-final. But neither side many any inroads until just after the half hour mark, when a bad clearance by Sanzol fell to Farinós who fired the ball back over the head of the keeper from just inside his opponents' half.

After that the visitors sat back to defend their lead, Moyà saving from a Muñoz header and Farinós clearing an effort off the line before the interval. Ortíz, Cuéllar and Milosevic all came up against Moyà after the restart, but substitute Arango could have extended the lead with an effort just wide of the post. With seven minutes to go though Milosevic got on the end of a David López cross to head an equaliser, and Aloisi almost won it for the locals when he headed against the post near the end.

It was still not all over though, and Cúper brought on Jorge López and then Okubo in a last gasp effort to win the match. With the game already in injury time the Japanese striker burst through and fired a shot goalwards, David López chasing back to clear it away from the goal-line with the keeper beaten. The Mallorca players surrounded Muñiz Fernández claiming that the ball had crossed the line, but the referee waved away their claims and seconds later brought the game to an end. The draw mathematically ensured first division football at the Sadar stadium next season, but the visitors will be wondering whether it cost them their place in the top flight.