First Division - Day 7

Mallorca 4 - Getafe 2

Mallorca: Moyà; Molinero (Basinas 71'), David Navarro, Nunes, Fernando Navarro; Varela, Pereyra, Ibagaza, Tuni (Borja Valero 46'); Arango, Víctor (Ramis 88'). 4-4-2.
Getafe: Pato Abbondanzieri; Pallardó, Belenguer, Tena, Licht; De la Red, Celestini (Nacho 72'), Casquero, Sousa (Kepa 76'); Manu Del Moral (Granero 46'), Uche. 4-4-2.

Team changes: Mallorca: Molinero, David Navarro, Tuni, Víctor for Héctor, Ballesteros, Jonás Gutiérrez, Güiza / Getafe: Pato Abbondanzieri, Tena, De la Red, Sousa for Ustari, Cata Díaz, Pablo Hernández, Nacho.

0-1. 02. Sousa. Got on end of Uche's cross to drive shot wide of Moyà.
0-2. 47. Sousa. Picked up short pass and scored with shot from corner of area.
1-2. 53. Ibagaza (penalty). After referee ruled that Celestini had fouled Víctor.
2-2. 70. Arango. Controlled Moyà clearance and went on to shoot low past Pato.
3-2. 78. Arango. Picked up lifted pass from Ibagaza and steered shot past Pato
4-2. 92. Ramis. First time high volley past keeper from Ibagaza's cross.

Mallorca came back from two down to beat Getafe 4-2, the second time in a row they have done so in the San Moix stadium (after beating Valladolid ten days ago). Sousa opened the scoring for the visitors in second minute after Uche set him up, but the locals could have equalised when Arango headed against the bar and Pato saved from Víctor. The visitors could also have extended their lead though, Moyà having to save from Uche and Manu, and the Islanders were lucky not to have David Navarro sent off when he brought down Manu just outside of the area.

Two minutes in to the restart Sousa added an impressive second with an angled shot past Moyà after Uche laid the ball in from near the corner flag. And although Mallorca got one back with a controversial penalty when Paradas Romero ruled that Celestini had fouled Víctor, a few minutes later the hosts were down to ten men when the referee sent off Pereyra for a foul on Casquero.

It seemed to be all over, but Arango led the fight-back with two goals in eight minutes, the first after picking up a long Moyà clearance before firing in a shot which Pato couldn't stop, and the second after Ibagaza put him through. And with Getafe pushing for the equaliser, substitute Ramis got on the end of Ibagaza's cross to poke the ball past Pato. It was another blow for Michael Laudrup's side, who finished the weekend further down in the drop zone with only two points to their name all season.