First Division - Day 8

Sporting Gijón 3 - Granada 3

Sporting: Alberto García; Lora, Luis Hernández, Bernardo, Canella; Sergio Alvarez (Omar Mascarell 75’), Nacho Cases; Jony, Halilovic, Alex Menéndez (Guerrero 46‘); Carlos Castro (Pablo Pérez 65’). 4-2-3-1.
Granada: Andrés; Miguel Lopes, Lombán, Dória, Biraghi; Krhin, Rubén Pérez; Isaac Success (Fran Rico 83‘), Javi Márquez, Piti (Foulquier 69‘); El-Arabi (Thievy 75’). 4-2-3-1.

1-0. 08. Bernardo. Got behind the defence to head Lora centre past Andrés.
1-1. 21. Piti. Deflected ball into net after El-Arabi played on Success cross.
1-2. 41. Success. Cut in from left of area and curled shot wide of Alberto.
1-3. 73. El-Arabi. Shot from outside area which looped off Sergio over keeper.
2-3. 88. Cases. Got on the end of Halilovic centre to steer shot past Andrés.
3-3. 96. Guerrero. Fired shot over keeper after Pablo Pérez headed on throw-in.

Yellow cards: Piti 07’, Biraghi 39’, Miguel Lopes 53’, 81’, Rubén Pérez 59’, Success 64’, Nacho Cases 71’, Halilovic 71’, Sergio Alvarez 72’, Doria 89’, 92’ / red cards: Miguel Lopes 81’, Doria 92’.

A thrilling end to a high scoring weekend, Sporting Gijón coming back with two late goals to draw 3-3 against bottom club Granada in the Monday night game. Bernardo headed the locals into an early lead from Lora’s long centre, but by half time the visitors had turned the scoreline around, Piti getting the last touch after El-Arabi turned an Isaac Success cross towards goal, and Success himself cutting in from the left of the area to score the second. When El-Arabi made it three with a shot which looped off a defender past Alberto it looked like the Andalusians were on for their first win in six games, but with ten minutes to go Miguel Lopes got himself sent off for a second bookable offence, and a few minutes later Nacho Cases got on the end of a Halilovic centre to fire one back. The referee added on five minutes due to injuries, and Granada were left with nine men when Doria stupidly was given a second booking for time-wasting. The Asturians threw everything forward, and in the dying seconds Guerrero latched on to Pablo Pérez’s headed pass to square the match once again and send the home fans wild.